Pick The Right Social Media Network for Your Business
Picking the most effective social media platform for your business to engage in is an important decision to make. Picking 1-3 platforms that best suit your business will eliminate sporadic interactions, and laser focus your efforts to make the most of your social media efforts.
There are many social media platforms to choose from, which makes things confusing for many marketers. Below is a breakdown of the most popular platforms by characteristic.
- Kitchen-sink networks: Twitter and Facebook
- Business-focused networks: LinkedIn
- Image-based networks: Pinterest and Instagram
- Video networks: YouTube, Vimeo, Vine
- SEO and authorship networks: Google+
- Location-based networks: Foursquare, Yelp
- Niche networks: reddit
According to a recent report, marketers are increasingly placing higher value on social media marketing. 92% of marketers said that social media is important for their business, up from 86% in 2013.
A well managed social media presence can be a hugely valuable asset for your business. On the other hand, an ineffective or vacant social media presence can negatively affect your business. Marketers and business owners need to choose which social media platforms to use, and ignore the platforms that will not help them engage in their target audience.
The below 3 tips can help you determine the best social media platform for your business.
- Check out what your competitors are using. Take note of which companies are successfully engaging with their customers, and how their doing it.
- Pick a platform that targets your demographic. Don’t waste your time targeting the wrong people group, do some research and choose the platform that targets your customers.
- Decide how much time you’ll be able to devote to social media marketing. Don’t spread yourself too thin. Pick 1-3 platforms that you’re confident in and develop a plan that you can stick to.